Diaries- 'Manly' chores and 'Girly' chores! Should there be a difference?

Hello, once again!

So I was minding my business some day carrying my daily routine when I had a car malfunction on my way to work. It was really distressing, but luckily I was able to manage it to work with the thoughts to pass through my car mechanic on my way home...

Luckily!I succeeded in managing the car like that till the end of the day, but on my way home I met a colleague who while we were discussing, I somehow mentioned that I had a little problem with my car and I intended to call my mechanic. This my wonderful colleague is a male. Important to note that!...

My lovely friend said 'Chai!this is something your husband or boyfriend should be worrying about, a female has no business in a mechanic's workshop', I quote...

Seeing I'm not yet married, I took this a bit personal. I got a little infuriated. I asked him how exactly is my faulty car my boyfriend's problem... and who distinguished these roles exactly...

I said some other many things!lol!, defending the female rites and their liberty to do whatever they felt they could do and be free to express themselves in the society without being prejudiced...
All these talk about this is a woman's place in the society is unpleasant to the ears of certain females like me, and most females in the 21st century, i believe...

Ok, let's say for instance, the boyfriend!lol...or husband was out of town for some reason, shouldn't I function again?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ ( being silly)

On a serious note, we have male fashion designers, male hair dressers, male make-up artists, male pedicurist and manicurist, male nurses, male cooks (who most times cook better than the female folks) and the list goes on...i dont see any reason why you can't have a female mechanic ( seeing I'm trying to 'learn work'.Lol!), female architects, female civil engineers, female electrical engineers, female wrestlers and footballers....the list goes on as well.

Apart from profession, in the homes, I dont think it's really right to segregate family roles saying the woman should always bath the kids, dress them up, help with their assignments, feed the kids and all that. Woman presently contribute to the up-keep of the family in current times, gone are the days when it's the man's sole responsibility to bring all 'food' for the home.
So, in essence, yes! There are major roles for each gender, but there is no fine line seperating such.

I think people are evolving more to realise there is much more to this life than all these 'couldawouldashoulda' ( if you know what I mean)😊

Bottom point of this write-up is, we were all created from God's image- Man and woman!. We are all allowed to express our abilities according to how we were endowed by God and not suppress them in any way.
If you're a man that cooks the heck out of hunger or food, please do so with all pride of course!
If you're a female and a mechanical engineer or 'mechanic' and you can jack a car upπŸ˜‚, do that with pride as well....

Cheers!

Ps: I won't label myself a feminist...
Also, I still love this friend that contributed significantly to this story!😊(in case you read this, thanks for the inspiration!)

Feel free to share your thoughts as well.xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I have learnt in my 20's + Birthday in a bit😊

My brief Ethiopian experience!... Adventure much!

Places I loved on my vacation to the Uk 2