My brief Ethiopian experience!... Adventure much!

Hello people!

Long time no see yea! Life happens like that sometimes...
How's everyone been?!❤
First of all, I want to appreciate all my readers and visitors. I see y'all❤

So I had a brief stay at Ethiopia on my way to London. I have been battling on whether to write about it on the blog. Serious battle oo!Lol
I finally gave in, and decided to jot one or two of my experiences in the country. Adventures are sure my THING!

Ethiopia is a country in East Africa. It shares borders with Eritrea, Djibouti, Somalia, Sudan and South Sudan, Kenya. Honestly I think all these bordering countries should be one, because from what I've seen they have such striking resemblance, (My thoughts though!) apart from Kenya๐Ÿ˜Œ.
It is noted that the country has a population of over 102 million inhabitants and is the second most populous nation on the African continent. It's capital is Addis Ababa and official language is Amharic, but they have other languages as well according to ethnic groups.

Ethiopia has a large variety of indigenous animals- cheetah, lion, African Bush elephant, bushpig, gazelle, antelope, reedbuck, grevy's zebra, baboon, Somali wild ass, etc
Ethiopia is also known for a number of plant species- coriander, myrrh( yea! found there), Jasmine,incense etc

Ps: For more information on life in Ethiopia, head down to wikipedia...๐Ÿ˜

Let me get into my own experience in Ethopia.
First thing I noticed about the place (Addis Ababa, where I stayed), is that I reminds me a lot of Lagos in Nigeria. Same layout, city plan and all, but not nearly as busy as Lagos.
First thing  I loved about the place, were their 5-star standard hotels with their lovely aesthetics. I stayed in one of them.

During my stay, I decided to take a stroll about the city. I don't know whether to say the people were friendly or that they could tell I was not one of them and that I was precisely Nigerian, because the stare was much. They would stare, I would stare right back (because I mean, I was the one exploring here.lol), then I would smile or they smile first...either way. Some would go ahead to ask me if l was  Nigerian in a frail English language, and I would just answer yes, and be on the move.

(Ps: I don't know what it was that gave out my identity...maybe it was my nose!lol)

They had small eateries( bukas), just like we have here in Nigeria. They also had this thing about putting some kind of plants or grass plants on their floors of their resturants or shops, don't know what that is about.
I think I saw some of their special plant species while touring, can't remember the name but would post the picture at the end of this post.

They also have very similar cuisine like we have here in Nigeria- rice per usual, pasta, bread, cereal and fruits too, but their chicken is definitely different from ours, it's really soft (and I must say, not as sweet as ours๐Ÿ˜›), their stew is really different too. I also noticed they like to drink a lot of ginger ale drinks....

I think I have mentioned this, the natives all have a striking resemblance, like they all came from th same womb, honestly! What is that about?!

In summary, it was a really short stay, but it was a good one.
I love adventures like that.

Any thoughts on such trip you have experienced or intend to?
Leave a comment with your thoughts.x




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I have learnt in my 20's + Birthday in a bit๐Ÿ˜Š

Places I loved on my vacation to the Uk 2