Diaries: Nigerian air flights- The local experience.

Hey guys....

Been a bit!

Thought I should share this....who knows?!

Who's tired of the current flight issues in Nigeria like I am...
Someone has to speak out right?!

So I recently took a trip to Abuja from Enugu for some pressing issues. I wanted to go by bus- Siena rides, but changed my mind last minute and decided to take a flight.

First issue I encountered was that the flight that was supposed to take us to Abuja, was delayed by more than an hour. I mean, c'mon after rushing out of my house early morning with no food and even water sef. Looking a bit crazy(lol) cos I'm trying not to beg anyone... Then you get to the airport, running in and then...Boom!..people are leisurely checking in, everyone seems relaxed, the airport staff smiling and beckoning at you to come calmly and present your ticket. You look at the time again and your wondering what's happening here...'Am I in the right airport?'

Oh well!...shortly after, they announce that the flight to take passengers to Abuja just left Lagos 5 minutes ago...and you're just weak!

Anyways, your expression of emotions at that moment would depend on how fast you need to be at your destination. If not in a hurry and was probably late to check-in...you just sigh in relief and say 'thank God'.
But if in a real hurry...I'm sure you can guess all the emotions to be expressed at that moment...

So in essence is it wise to depend on flights for long distance journeys after all, cos i thought...this journey would take about 6 hours by road, and you can go by a really comfortable ride, than to put all your hopes on an air flight, which is now known to frequently disappoint these days. Even the only trusted local air flight company now disappoints too.

I remember being stuck in Abuja once because of delayed flight... that later got cancelled later that same day. That was on a Sunday, and work was to resume the next day, being Monday. I was torn between two worlds. There's a kind of boss you would work under and you would know the such 'flimsy' excuses would not 'hold water' at all....
Do l take a night bus or do I just brace up for the consequences and start shaping my mouth for the most  pathetic story to give?... Lol!

I must admit, such experiences are not pleasant at all.
This recent trip, when I got into the aircraft, I got a seat at the back close to the lavatory....My gosh! It was stinking of concentrated urine (pardon me). Really!disgusting right?
I was like,what is all these! delayed flight, now this.
Hmm!...

I know our situation is not all that bad. Afterall, we are doing better than some other African countries in terms of the aviation sector. But, we can do better abeg!


Ps: These issues of delayed flights and poor aircraft maintainance in Nigeria needs to be addressed...

Whoelse thinks so?

Thanks for reading.

Feel free to drop a comment or two. Hit the Subscribe button for more trending topics or opinions. xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I have learnt in my 20's + Birthday in a bit๐Ÿ˜Š

My brief Ethiopian experience!... Adventure much!

Places I loved on my vacation to the Uk 2