Diaries- Birthday bits 2018... ( how I spent my birthday)



Hey guys!

So this took a bit more time than expected. Sorry!!!😊

Ok! So my birthday was on the 13th of April. So that means I am Aries!....fill in the dots!😊

This year's birthday was different for me and better than the ones I have had in the past. Honestly I am not a birthday person...why? Cos on that day my emotions are heightened. You expect everything to work or play out perfectly. I( probably just me!) feel so vulnerable. Anyone that knows me, would know that's not a side of me I like to display....Oh well! It always happens to me each time( that is, I always feel vulnerable). I just prefer being busy the whole day, then maybe at night when the day is almost over...I would reach out to all the love, feel special and the day would end. Case closed! Lol!....

Well, this year's own didn't play out like that because I was free the whole day ( didn't go to work). So you can imagine the free time I had on my hands to smile at all the messages I recieved, live in the clouds, imagine all things beautiful! Sugar! spice! and everything nice! Lol! ( don't get me wrong ofcourse l loved all the love and attention) ....but you get?!

Alright! First of all I made up my mind I would do something different this year...As if God saw my heart...I had a dream where I went to see the motherless children. Lol! No joke!
So I made up my mind I was going to do that...after all my dream must have been a direction from God. Who knows! Lol!

But first, my birthday fell on a Friday, can you beat that?!...no work Friday! Haba!...blessing straight from God. There had to be gbedu things now!!!
I like play too!πŸ˜†

So I called up a couple of my good friends around and told them...yo! We gonna party all night long,😩 or just a few hours into the nightπŸ˜†...
So we did just that. We went to this cool lounge/bar that opened recently in Enugu, Nigeria...which is where I reside at the moment. The place is called The Base....really cool place, lovely aesthetics and all. If you are in Enugu, you should definitely check it out. ( ps: could not get bright picture because you can imagine, it was dark but we took a few not-so-bright pictures which I may post here...let's see!😩

We got some drinks, pizza, birthday cakeπŸ˜‰ (which a friend got for meπŸ˜™) and it was eating and gisting all along. πŸ˜…. I really wanted to dance like I had no care in the world...but my friends won't let me be. They were holding me down!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ ( ok!you would get the joke later)...
Anyways we were there till late night before everyone said their goodbyes....
That's how Friday the 13th ended. I was happy because it was a good day😊...

@drreeroo @tcnwanna






However, the next day was time to follow the dream through...I visited the motherless babies' home, the one located at GRA in Enugu here. My heart broke when i saw these children who seemed happy amidst their predicament. Like they had no reason to be sorrowful. I was indeed touched. Maybe that's why being a child is precious.... The little kids were within the age group of 1-4 years I suppose. They sang a birthday song for me, and they seemed so happy I brought goodies for them... my heart was glad at the end after the visit. It sure does feel good to reach out a helping hand to those in need.

So yeah! that is how I spent my birthday...next year would be an improvement on this hopefully.😊

Ps: I was not allowed to take pictures with the kids or take any of their pictures. So the memories I have are those I and my friend took outside the building.



In front of FSP bulding


Also I am not writing about the visit to seek praises or feel good about myself. I'm just telling my story...☺

Thanks for reading, until next time. xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 things I have learnt in my 20's + Birthday in a bit😊

My brief Ethiopian experience!... Adventure much!

Places I loved on my vacation to the Uk 2